- Mail two copies of each entry to: Palouse Writers Guild, PO Box 52, Viola, ID 83872.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, contact information, and the title(s) of your submission(s).
- If you are under 18, please include your age on the cover sheet.
- All entries must be post marked no later than February 15th.
- Submission fee is $10 per entry. Submission fee can be paid either by check or online. Checks should be made out to the Palouse Writers Guild and included with your entry. If you pay online, print a copy of your receipt and include it with your submission. Online payments will not be accepted after February 15th.
Winners will be announced at 6:30 PM during the Palouse Writers Festival Books & Brews event. Manuscripts and judges’ rubrics will be available for pick-up after the winners are announced. Any manuscripts not collected the night of the event will be destroyed.
1st Prize, $50
Runner-up, $25 BookPeople Gift Certificate.
Short Story Contest Rules
- Only novice writers who have never been published (traditional or self-published) may enter the short story contest.
- Stories must be limited to 3,000 words and may be on any theme or genre except erotica.
- All manuscripts must be printed on 8 ½” X 11” white paper, with 1” margins, ragged right margin, and story must begin 1/3 of the way down the first page.
- All manuscripts must be double spaced and use Times New Roman font in 12-point size.
- Include the following information in the header: Short Story Contest / Story Title / Page #
- DO NOT place your name anywhere on the manuscript.
- Manuscripts may be printed on one or both sides of the paper. (We prefer both sides because it saves paper.)
- Judges’ decisions are final. Judges will be members of the Palouse Writers Guild.