- Mail two copies of each entry to: Palouse Writers Guild, PO Box 52, Viola, ID 83872.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, contact information, and the title(s) of your submission(s).
- If you are under 18, please include your age on the cover sheet.
- All entries must be post marked no later than February 15, 2022.
- Submission fee is $10 per entry. Submission fee can be paid either by check or online. Checks should be made out to the Palouse Writers Guild and included with your entry. If you pay online, print a copy of your receipt and include it with your submission. Online payments will not be accepted after February 15, 2022.
Winners will be announced at 6:30 PM on Saturday, June 18, 2022 during the Palouse Writers Festival Books & Brews event. Manuscripts and judges’ rubrics will be available for pick-up after the winners are announced. Any manuscripts not collected the night of the event will be destroyed.
1st Prize, $100
2nd Prize, $50 Book People Gift Card
3rd Prize, $25 Book People Gift Card
Outstanding Young Writer, $50 (Must be under 18 as of February 15, 2022.)
First Chapter Contest Rules
- Send only the first chapter of your novel. Novels may be on any theme or genre.
- All manuscripts must be printed on 8 ½” X 11” white paper, with 1” margins, ragged right margin, and chapter must begin 1/3 of the way down the first page.
- All manuscripts must be double spaced and use Times New Roman font in 12 point size.
- Include the following information in the header: 2022 First Chapter Contest / Chapter or Book Title / Page #
- DO NOT place your name anywhere on the manuscript.
- Manuscripts may be printed on one or both sides of the paper. (We prefer both sides because it saves paper.)
- Chapters from previously published works will not be accepted.
- Judges decisions are final. Judges will be librarians from local libraries.