2020 Writing Contest Rules
The Palouse Writers Guild 2020 writing contest is open to all people regardless of whether they are members of the Palouse Writers Guild.
1st Prize, $100
2nd Prize, $50 Book People Gift Card
3rd Prize, $25 Book People Gift Card
PWG Writing Contest Rules
- Send only the first chapter of your novel. Novels may be on any theme or genre.
- All manuscripts must be printed on 8 ½” X 11” white paper, with 1” margins, ragged right margin, and chapter must begin 1/3 of the way down the first page.
- All manuscripts must be double spaced and use Times New Roman font in 12 point size.
- Include the following information in the header: PWG 2020 Contest / Chapter or Book Title / Page #
- DO NOT place your name anywhere on the manuscript.
- Manuscripts may be printed on one or both sides of the paper. (We prefer both sides because it saves paper.)
- Multiple submissions are allowed and can be mailed in the same envelope.
- You must submit two hard copies of each entry.
- All entries must be post marked no later than February 15, 2020.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Mail two copies of your entry to: Palouse Writers Guild, PO Box 52, Viola, ID 83872.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, contact information, and the title(s) of your submission(s).
- Submission fee is $10 per entry. Submission fee can be paid either by check or online. Checks should be made out to the Palouse Writers Guild and included with your entry. If you pay online, print a copy of your receipt and include it with your submission. Online payments will not be accepted after February 15, 2020. To pay online use the Palouse Writers Guild website, palousewritersguild.org/contest-2020
Winners will be announced at 6:30 PM on Saturday, June 27, 2020 during the Palouse Writers Guild Books & Brews event. Manuscripts and judges’ rubrics will be available for pick-up after the winners are announced. Any manuscripts not collected the night of the event will be destroyed. Judges will be librarians from the Latah County Library District and Neill Public Library.