Have you ever longed to write a novel? Well, now’s the time!
NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. Founded in 1999 with just 21 participants, this novel writing movement has grown to nearly a million writers annually. During the month of November, participants are encouraged to write an entire novel in just 30 days. In anticipation of NaNoWriMo, we’re hosting a NaNo Prep 101 class.
Course Facilitator: Khaliela Wright
Location: United Church of Moscow, 123 W 1st St, Moscow, ID 83843
Dates & Time: Saturdays, 9:00 am to 10:30 am
Each week we’ll tackle a different topic from the official NaNoWriMo preparation exercises. Complete the exercises at home and come prepared for weekly discussion and brainstorming sessions to get the creativity flowing! Drop in for just one session or attend all six–the level of commitment is entirely up to you.
NaNo Prep 101 Outline
- Week 1: Develop a Story Idea (September 17th)
- Week 2: Create Complex Characters (September 24th)
- Week 3: Construct a Detailed Plot or Outline (October 1st)
- Week 4: Build a Strong World (October 8th)
- Week 5: Organize Your Life for Writing! (October 15th)
- Week 6: Find and Manage Your Time (October 22nd)
Participants should start by registering on the NaNoWriMo website. The NaNo website is also where you’ll be connected to a local Municipal Liaison (ML). Our local MLs are Jay Dearien (Moscow/Lewiston) & Sean Williams (Pullman/Colfax).
- Moscow/Lewiston Region: USA :: Idaho :: Moscow & Lewiston
- Pullman/Colfax Region: USA :: Washington :: Pullman & Colfax | Regions | NaNoWriMo
Young writers are welcome to attend. Everyone who completes the course will receive an official NaNoWriMo certificate of completion.